Following three weeks of filming in the Bahamas and Austria, work on Help! continued at Twickenham Film Studios, where much of A Hard Day’s Night had been shot the previous year.
The Beatles worked on Help! at Twickenham for a number of days until 16 June 1965. Filming took place until 9 May, after which a great deal post-production work was carried out.
Also on this day...
- 2012: Paul McCartney live at Ahoy, Rotterdam, Netherlands
- 2010: Liverpool to host two-month tribute to John Lennon
- 1969: John Lennon and Yoko Ono meet Salvador Dalí
- 1966: The Beatles attend the première of Alfie
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Live: Empire Theatre, Liverpool
- 1962: Live: Heswall Jazz Club, Wirral
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.