The Beatles’ 14th known Cavern Club performance took place on this day.
Although the precise number of their Cavern performances is not known, The Beatles played at least 155 lunchtime and 125 evening shows. Their final performance at the venue took place on 3 August 1963.
This was the group’s 13th lunchtime performance at the venue. It was also their final Cavern show before they returned to Germany for their second Hamburg trip; they wouldn’t play again at the Cavern until 14 July 1961.
Last updated: 24 August 2012
Also on this day...
- 2012: Paul McCartney live: Ahoy, Rotterdam, Netherlands
- 2010: Liverpool to host two-month tribute to John Lennon
- 1969: John Lennon and Yoko Ono meet Salvador Dalí
- 1966: The Beatles attend the première of Alfie
- 1965: Filming: Help!
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Live: Empire Theatre, Liverpool
- 1962: Live: Heswall Jazz Club, Wirral
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.