Drove from Paris to the Amsterdam Hilton
Talking in our beds for a week
The newspapers said, say what you doing in bed?
I said, were only trying to get us some peace.
Also on this day, while filming The Magic Christian in New York, Ringo Starr told US reporters that The Beatles were unlikely to perform in public again, giving an early indication that the dream was over.
People really have tried to typecast us. They think we are still little moptops, and we are not. I don’t want to play in public again. I don’t miss being a Beatle anymore. You can’t get those days back. It’s no good living in the past.
#OnThisDay, 24th March 1969, John & Yoko met with Salvador Dali for lunch during their Honeymoon in Paris.
Photo by Henry Pessar pic.twitter.com/dJrCkFP3Kw
— John Lennon (@johnlennon) March 24, 2017
Also on this day...
- 2012: Paul McCartney live: Ahoy, Rotterdam, Netherlands
- 2010: Liverpool to host two-month tribute to John Lennon
- 1966: The Beatles attend the première of Alfie
- 1965: Filming: Help!
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Live: Empire Theatre, Liverpool
- 1962: Live: Heswall Jazz Club, Wirral
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.