This was the first date on which The Beatles performed both lunchtime and evening shows at Liverpool’s Cavern Club.
This lunchtime performance was The Beatles’ 15th appearance at the club, and their 14th lunchtime show. Although the precise number of their Cavern performances is not known, The Beatles played at least 155 lunchtime and 125 evening shows between 9 February 1961 and 3 August 1963.
In the evening they gave their second late performance at the Cavern.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Paul McCartney live at Pinnacle Bank Arena, Lincoln, Nebraska
- 2013: Paul McCartney live at Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Indianapolis
- 2012: Paul McCartney and Bruce Springsteen silenced onstage in London
- 2011: Martin Scorsese’s George Harrison documentary to air in October
- 1964: Radio: Top Gear
- 1963: Live: ABC Theatre, Blackpool
- 1962: Live: Regent Dansette, Rhyl
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.