The Beatles flew back to England from Austria on 22 March 1965, following their seven-day shoot for Help! in Obertauern.
The band flew back from Salzburg Airport, where they had arrived in Austria on 13 March 1965.
They landed at London Airport in the early evening.
Last updated: 25 February 2022
Also on this day...
- 2012: Paul and Linda McCartney’s Ram to be reissued
- 1976: US album release: Wings At The Speed Of Sound by Wings
- 1971: US single release: Power To The People by John Lennon
- 1967: Recording, mixing: Within You Without You
- 1965: US album release: The Early Beatles
- 1963: Live: Gaumont Cinema, Doncaster
- 1963: UK album release: Please Please Me
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.