This was the second day of filming for Paul McCartney's unused solo scene in A Hard Day's Night. As with the previous day's shooting, the rest of The Beatles were not present.
Filming once again took place at the Jack Billings TV School of Dancing, situated above The Bush pub on Goldhawk Road in London's Shepherd's Bush.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Paul McCartney live at Kyocera Dome, Osaka, Japan
- 2015: John Lennon vinyl box set announced
- 2012: Paul McCartney live at Estádio do Arruda, Recife, Brazil
- 2010: Paul McCartney’s entire back catalogue to be reissued by Concord Music Group
- 1967: Recording, mixing: Only A Northern Song, Sgt Pepper run-out groove
- 1966: Recording: Taxman
- 1965: Filming: Help!
- 1963: Live: Pigalle Club, London
- 1963: Live: NME Poll-Winners’ All-Star Concert
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.