The mixes were made by producer George Martin without the other Beatles being present. The mixing session lasted from 2-3.15pm.
Afterwards the tapes were taken away by representatives of United Artists, the company behind the A Hard Day's Night film and the US soundtrack release. The song was the last to be recorded for the soundtrack.
Also on this day...
- 1969: Recording, mixing: I Want You (She’s So Heavy), Oh! Darling
- 1967: Recording, mixing: Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise), Only A Northern Song
- 1966: Recording, mixing: And Your Bird Can Sing, Taxman
- 1965: Filming: Help!
- 1964: Filming: Paul McCartney’s unused scene in A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Live: Mersey View Pleasure Grounds, Frodsham
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.