The Beatles performed at this London night club and restaurant on just this one occasion, following their first appearance at the New Musical Express Poll-Winners’ All-Star Concert in Wembley.
Although the Pigalle later became a fashionable destination for London clubbers, on this occasion the audience almost entirely consisted of Jewish people, as the concert had only been advertised – for reasons unknown – in the weekly Jewish Chronicle newspaper.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Paul McCartney live at Kyocera Dome, Osaka, Japan
- 2015: John Lennon vinyl box set announced
- 2012: Paul McCartney live at Estádio do Arruda, Recife, Brazil
- 2010: Paul McCartney’s entire back catalogue to be reissued by Concord Music Group
- 1967: Recording, mixing: Only A Northern Song, Sgt Pepper run-out groove
- 1966: Recording: Taxman
- 1965: Filming: Help!
- 1964: Filming: Paul McCartney’s unused scene in A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Live: NME Poll-Winners’ All-Star Concert
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.