This was the third appearance by The Beatles at the Floral Hall ballroom in Southport, Lancashire.
The Beatles played at the Floral Hall on four occasions. The other dates were 20 February and 20 November 1962; and 15 October 1963.
The Floral Hall was built in the 1930s and became part of the Southport Theatre when the latter was added in 1973. It is still in use today.
Last updated: 6 October 2012
Also on this day...
- 2015: Paul McCartney live: Tokyo Dome, Tokyo, Japan
- 2014: Paul McCartney live: Movistar Arena, Santiago, Chile
- 1965: Filming: Help!
- 1964: Mixing: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1964: John Lennon attends a Foyle’s literary luncheon
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
- 1960: Live: Fox And Hounds, Caversham
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.