This was The Beatles’ second appearance at the Floral Hall on the Promenade in Southport, Lancashire. They gave two ‘houses’ – performances – for different audiences in the evening.
The Beatles played at the Floral Hall on four occasions. The other dates were 20 February 1962; and 23 April and 15 October 1963.
The Floral Hall was built in the 1930s and became part of the Southport Theatre when the latter was added in 1973. It is still in use today.
Last updated: 15 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 2009: BBC screens Paul McCartney’s Children in Need appearance
- 2009: Ringo Starr and Paul McCartney to reunite? Y Not!
- 1981: UK album release: Stop And Smell The Roses by Ringo Starr
- 1968: Paul McCartney is interviewed for Radio Luxembourg
- 1966: Brian Epstein holds a party for The Four Tops in London
- 1964: John Lennon films a sequence for Not Only… But Also
- 1963: Live: ABC Cinema, Manchester
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.