Following their appearance on the BBC radio show Pop Inn, The Beatles went to Wembley Studios for a booking on the children’s television programme Tuesday Rendezvous.
The show was broadcast live by Associated-Rediffusion from Studio Four between 5pm and 5.55pm, although The Beatles arrived for a rehearsal at 2pm. During the show the group mimed to ‘From Me To You’, plus less than a minute of ‘Please Please Me’ as the closing credits rolled.
Also on this day...
- 2011: Publishers announced for The Lennon Letters
- 1970: Apple denies that Paul McCartney has left The Beatles
- 1969: The Beatles’ penultimate photo session
- 1967: Paul McCartney flies from Denver to Los Angeles
- 1965: UK single release: Ticket To Ride
- 1965: Filming: Help!
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Live: Gaumont State Cinema, Kilburn, London
- 1963: Radio: Pop Inn
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.