The Beatles were in the BBC Paris Studio in London between 12.30 and 1.45pm for an interview on the BBC Light Programme radio show Pop Inn.
The Beatles didn’t perform on the show, although their forthcoming single From Me To You was played. Pop Inn was broadcast live from 1pm, and the other guests were DJ David Jacobs, comedian Arthur Askey and pianist Winifred Atwell.
9 April 1963 was a busy day for The Beatles. Following this appearance they appeared on TV show Tuesday Rendezvous, and gave an evening concert in Kilburn, London.
Also on this day...
- 2011: Publishers announced for The Lennon Letters
- 1970: Apple denies that Paul McCartney has left The Beatles
- 1969: The Beatles’ penultimate photo session
- 1967: Paul McCartney flies from Denver to Los Angeles
- 1965: UK single release: Ticket To Ride
- 1965: Filming: Help!
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Live: Gaumont State Cinema, Kilburn, London
- 1963: Television: Tuesday Rendezvous
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.