This was The Beatles’ third of 48 nights at Hamburg’s Star-Club, the city’s newest rock ‘n’ roll venue.
The Beatles played three separate residencies at the club in 1962. This was the first, and saw the group perform for a total of 172 hours over seven weeks. Their only night off was Good Friday, 20 April.
This first stint at the Star-Club began on Friday 13 April, and came to a close on 31 May 1962. The Beatles left Hamburg on Saturday 2 June.
It was The Beatles’ third residency in a Hamburg club within two years, and followed a series of shows at the Indra, the Kaiserkeller and the Top Ten Club.
Last updated: 26 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 2012: Paul McCartney live: Estadio Centenario, Montevideo, Uruguay
- 1964: Television: A Degree Of Frost
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Live: Bridge Hotel, Tenbury Wells
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
- 1941: Jim McCartney marries Mary Mohin
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.