This was The Beatles only performance in the small market town of Tenbury Wells, Worcestershire. The concert took place at the Riverside Dancing Club in the Bridge Hotel.
For a group clearly on the cusp of success, The Beatles wouldn’t have performed in such a small venue and town, but for Brian Epstein’s commitment to honour all bookings they had made. The group often resented having to perform at small venues, but such appearances helped them connect with their audiences at this crucial time.
Also on this day...
- 2012: Paul McCartney live at Estadio Centenario, Montevideo, Uruguay
- 1964: Television: A Degree Of Frost
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
- 1941: Jim McCartney marries Mary Mohin
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.