Paul McCartney made his first television appearance without the other Beatles on 15 April 1964.
He was interviewed by David Frost for the BBC show A Degree Of Frost, in Studio 4 at BBC Television Centre in Wood Lane, London.
The interview was recorded before a studio audience from 8.30pm, although rehearsals had begun at 10.30am. A Degree Of Frost was a one-off chat and performance show, and was broadcast from 10.15pm on Wednesday 18 May 1964.
Also on this day...
- 2012: Paul McCartney live: Estadio Centenario, Montevideo, Uruguay
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Live: Bridge Hotel, Tenbury Wells
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
- 1941: Jim McCartney marries Mary Mohin
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.