Fourteen months before the birth of their eldest son Paul, James McCartney married Mary Mohin in Liverpool, England.
The wedding took place at St Swithin's Roman Catholic church in Gillmoss in Liverpool's West Derby region. They first lived together at 10 Sunbury Road, Anfield, before moving to a succession of houses.
After the birth of their sons, Mary chose to move frequently to better neighbourhoods in Liverpool, in order to give her children the best possible start in life.
Also on this day...
- 2012: Paul McCartney live at Estadio Centenario, Montevideo, Uruguay
- 1964: Television: A Degree Of Frost
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Live: Bridge Hotel, Tenbury Wells
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.