She was the second child born to Lee Eastman and Louise Sara Lindner Eastman. Linda grew up in the wealthy Scarsdale area of Westchester County, New York.
Linda Eastman married Paul McCartney in March 1969. She was a photographer, musician, entrepreneur, and animal rights activist.
Also on this day...
- 2018: The Beatles’ White Album 50th anniversary box set to include remixes, demos and outtakes
- 1968: Recording: Happiness Is A Warm Gun
- 1967: Filming: Magical Mystery Tour
- 1961: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.