She was the second child born to Lee Eastman and Louise Sara Lindner Eastman. Linda grew up in the wealthy Scarsdale area of Westchester County, New York.
Linda Eastman married Paul McCartney in March 1969. She was a photographer, musician, entrepreneur, and animal rights activist.
Photography made me a different person because it was something I loved doing and just nothing else mattered. I could just take my camera and go, probably like Diane Arbus felt when she was taking pictures. I had that feeling. Even though I had a child I still felt single. It’s different when you’re married and you’ve got to go cook dinner. I could just go, go anywhere.
Many Years From Now, Barry Miles
Also on this day...
- 2018: The Beatles’ White Album 50th anniversary box set to include remixes, demos and outtakes
- 1968: Recording: Happiness Is A Warm Gun
- 1967: Filming: Magical Mystery Tour
- 1961: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.