The Beatles filmed scenes outside the Scala Theatre in London on this day, and also in the nearby Scala Street, Tottenham Street and Charlotte Mews.
The Scala Theatre was where the concert performance for A Hard Day’s Night had been filmed on 31 March 1964.
Last updated: 5 April 2010
Also on this day...
- 2012: Paul McCartney live: Estadio Centenario, Montevideo, Uruguay
- 1964: Television: A Degree Of Frost
- 1963: Live: Bridge Hotel, Tenbury Wells
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
- 1941: Jim McCartney marries Mary Mohin
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.