On this day The Beatles gave their 78th lunchtime performance at Liverpool’s Cavern Club. It was also the 18th occasion on which they performed both lunchtime and evening shows at the venue.
The group’s lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 123rd known appearance overall at the soon-to-be-famous cellar venue on Mathew Street in Liverpool’s city centre.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr reunite at the Grammy Awards
- 1970: John Lennon is interviewed in Paris by Reuters
- 1970: Ringo and Maureen fly to Los Angeles
- 1969: Get Back/Let It Be sessions: day 17
- 1965: George Martin breaks his foot in the Swiss Alps
- 1964: Live: Olympia Theatre, Paris
- 1963: Live: King’s Hall, Stoke-on-Trent
- 1963: Live: El Rio, Macclesfield
- 1962: Live: Tower Ballroom, New Brighton, Wallasey
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Litherland Town Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.