This was The Beatles’ 45th evening show at the Cavern Club. They topped a bill which also featured Gerry and the Pacemakers, and The Four Jays.
Overall this was The Beatles’ 122nd appearance at the underground Mathew Street venue, including their lunchtime shows. It was also the 17th occasion on which they performed both lunchtime and evening shows at the venue.
Also on this day...
- 1986: US album release: Live In New York City by John Lennon
- 1969: Get Back/Let It Be sessions: day 13
- 1967: Paul McCartney and Brian Epstein discuss The Beatles’ third film with Joe Orton
- 1964: Live: Olympia Theatre, Paris
- 1964: Radio: American Forces Network
- 1963: Live: Assembly Hall, Mold
- 1963: Live: NEMS, Liverpool
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1959: Live: Woolton Village Club, Liverpool
- 1958: Live: The Quarrymen at the Cavern Club, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.