The Quarrymen performed at this venue on just one occasion. As with their 1 January performance at Wilson Hall, it was a late Christmas party.
The group was booked due to their availability. It also helped that they lived locally; the club was located close to Menlove Avenue, where John Lennon lived, and a stone’s throw away from the church hall where Lennon first met Paul McCartney.
The club was located at 23 Allerton Road, Woolton, Liverpool. The Quarrymen performed for just 10 minutes, playing a number of skiffle songs.
Also on this day...
- 1986: US album release: Live In New York City by John Lennon
- 1969: Get Back/Let It Be sessions: day 15
- 1967: Paul McCartney and Brian Epstein discuss The Beatles’ third film with Joe Orton
- 1964: Live: Olympia Theatre, Paris
- 1964: Radio: American Forces Network
- 1963: Live: Assembly Hall, Mold
- 1963: Live: NEMS, Liverpool
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1958: Live: The Quarrymen at the Cavern Club, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.