The Beatles performed two shows on this day. The first was at the El Rio Club, at the El Rio Dance Hall, Queen Victoria Street, Macclesfield, Cheshire.
The performance had originally been scheduled for 19 January but was subsequently moved. The Beatles were supported by Wayne Fontana and the Jets, a local act.
After the concert they traveled to Stoke-on-Trent for their second performance of the night.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr reunite at the Grammy Awards
- 1970: John Lennon is interviewed in Paris by Reuters
- 1970: Ringo and Maureen fly to Los Angeles
- 1969: Get Back/Let It Be sessions: day 15
- 1965: George Martin breaks his foot in the Swiss Alps
- 1964: Live: Olympia Theatre, Paris
- 1963: Live: King’s Hall, Stoke-on-Trent
- 1962: Live: Tower Ballroom, New Brighton, Wallasey
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Litherland Town Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.