This was The Beatles’ 46th evening show at the Cavern Club.
Overall this was The Beatles’ 124th appearance at the underground Mathew Street venue, including their lunchtime shows. It was also the 18th occasion on which they performed both lunchtime and evening shows at the venue.
The precise number of The Beatles’ Cavern performances is not known, although they played at least 155 lunchtime and 125 evening shows between 9 February 1961 and 3 August 1963.
After this show The Beatles travelled to the Tower Ballroom in New Brighton, Wallasey for an event promoted by Sam Leach.
Last updated: 25 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 2014: Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr reunite at the Grammy Awards
- 1970: John Lennon is interviewed in Paris by Reuters
- 1970: Ringo and Maureen fly to Los Angeles
- 1969: Get Back/Let It Be sessions: day 17
- 1965: George Martin breaks his foot in the Swiss Alps
- 1964: Live: Olympia Theatre, Paris
- 1963: Live: King’s Hall, Stoke-on-Trent
- 1963: Live: El Rio, Macclesfield
- 1962: Live: Tower Ballroom, New Brighton, Wallasey
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Litherland Town Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.