The Beatles gave their 48th lunchtime performance at Liverpool's Cavern Club on this day. It was their final show at the venue in October 1961.
The group's lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 68th known performance overall at the soon-to-be-famous cellar venue on Mathew Street in Liverpool's city centre, including evening appearances.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live at Tower Theater, Upper Darby, Pennsylvania
- 2014: Paul McCartney live at Greensboro Coliseum, Greensboro, North Carolina
- 2009: Lennon biopic Nowhere Boy trailer released
- 2009: Paul McCartney reveals Good Evening New York City teaser video
- 2008: Beatles music to feature in forthcoming video game
- 1967: Filming: Magical Mystery Tour
- 1964: Live: Gaumont Cinema, Bournemouth
- 1963: Television: Drop In, Stockholm, Sweden
- 1963: Mixing: Money (That’s What I Want)
- 1962: Travel: Liverpool to Hamburg
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
- 1960: The Beatles agree to play the Top Ten Club
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.