The Beatles performed two concerts on this evening, for the 17th date of their 1964 British tour. They were paid £850 for the two shows.
Their set throughout the tour contained 10 songs: Twist And Shout, Money (That's What I Want), Can't Buy Me Love, Things We Said Today, I'm Happy Just To Dance With You, I Should Have Known Better, If I Fell, I Wanna Be Your Man, A Hard Day's Night and Long Tall Sally.
The support acts on the tour were The Rustiks, Sounds Incorporated, Michael Haslam, The Remo Four, Tommy Quickly and Mary Wells, and the compère was Bob Bain. The evening's two shows began at 6.15pm and 8.30pm.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live at Tower Theater, Upper Darby, Pennsylvania
- 2014: Paul McCartney live at Greensboro Coliseum, Greensboro, North Carolina
- 2009: Lennon biopic Nowhere Boy trailer released
- 2009: Paul McCartney reveals Good Evening New York City teaser video
- 2008: Beatles music to feature in forthcoming video game
- 1967: Filming: Magical Mystery Tour
- 1963: Television: Drop In, Stockholm, Sweden
- 1963: Mixing: Money (That’s What I Want)
- 1962: Travel: Liverpool to Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
- 1960: The Beatles agree to play the Top Ten Club
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.