This was The Beatles’ nineteenth show at Litherland Town Hall, where they had given a triumphant homecoming performance on 27 December 1960, following their first trip to Hamburg.
It was The Beatles’ penultimate show at Litherland. They played at the venue on 20 separate occasions between December 1960 and 9 November 1961.
Last updated: 6 November 2017
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live: Kings Theater, Brooklyn, New York
- 2012: Paul McCartney’s 1964 Aston Martin DB5 sells for £307,500
- 2011: Paul McCartney commissions restoration of Motown piano
- 1988: USSR album release: Choba B CCCP by Paul McCartney
- 1983: Album release: Pipes Of Peace by Paul McCartney
- 1969: UK single release: Something/Come Together
- 1968: George Harrison produces Is This What You Want? by Jackie Lomax
- 1967: Filming: Magical Mystery Tour
- 1966: Mixing: Paperback Writer
- 1964: Live: Gaumont Cinema, Ipswich
- 1963: Travel: Stockholm to London
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
- 1956: Paul McCartney’s mother Mary dies
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.