This was the 28th night of The Beatles’ residency at the Kaiserkeller club in Hamburg, Germany.
The Beatles played for a total of 56 nights at the Kaiserkeller, which was situated at 36 Große Freiheit, Hamburg. They shared a bill with another Liverpool group, Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, playing alternative shifts through the night.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live at Kings Theater, Brooklyn, New York
- 2012: Paul McCartney’s 1964 Aston Martin DB5 sells for £307,500
- 2011: Paul McCartney commissions restoration of Motown piano
- 1988: USSR album release: Choba B CCCP by Paul McCartney
- 1983: Album release: Pipes Of Peace by Paul McCartney
- 1969: UK single release: Something/Come Together
- 1968: George Harrison produces Is This What You Want? by Jackie Lomax
- 1967: Filming: Magical Mystery Tour
- 1966: Mixing: Paperback Writer
- 1964: Live: Gaumont Cinema, Ipswich
- 1963: Travel: Stockholm to London
- 1961: Live: Litherland Town Hall, Liverpool
- 1956: Paul McCartney’s mother Mary dies
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.