This was The Beatles’ second performance at Lathom Hall in Seaforth, Liverpool.
It was the second of two shows played by the group on the same night, both promoted by Brian Kelly for his Beekay Promotions. The first had been at Aintree Institute in Liverpool.
Kelly, known as Beekay, ran a number of Liverpool venues including Litherland Town Hall, Alexandra Hall and the Aintree Institute. The Beatles performed at numerous Beekay shows in their early days.
Lathom Hall was built in 1884 as a social club, and was situated in the Seaforth district of Liverpool. It later became a cinema, face cream factory, and stained glass window workshop, before becoming a dance hall in the 1950s.
Also on this day...
- 1969: Get Back/Let It Be sessions: day four
- 1968: George Harrison flies to India
- 1965: Live: Another Beatles Christmas Show
- 1964: Live: The Beatles’ Christmas Show
- 1964: Radio: Saturday Club
- 1962: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Aintree Institute, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.