Prior to their evening performances for The Beatles' Christmas Show, The Beatles recorded a music session for the BBC radio show Saturday Club.
The session took place between 2.30pm and 4pm, including rehearsal time. It was first broadcast on the BBC Light Programme on 15 February 1964 at 10.30am. Also included in the show was the group's BBC recording of I Want To Hold Your Hand from the 17 December 1963 edition of Saturday Club.
The first two songs were also broadcast on the BBC General Overseas Service, at the same time that Saturday Club aired. The version of Johnny B Goode, meanwhile, was included on the 1994 collection Live At The BBC.
Also on this day...
- 1969: Get Back/Let It Be sessions: day four
- 1968: George Harrison flies to India
- 1965: Live: Another Beatles Christmas Show
- 1964: Live: The Beatles’ Christmas Show
- 1962: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Lathom Hall, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Aintree Institute, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.