Two more performances of The Beatles' Christmas Show at the Astoria Cinema in Finsbury Park, London, for day 11 of their 16-date residency.
The first act on stage at the Christmas Show was the Barron Knights and Duke D'Mond. Next came short sets from Tommy Quickly and The Fourmost, and Billy J Kramer and The Dakotas closed the first half. Following the interval there was a return from the Barron Knights and Duke D'Mond, then Cilla Black, and Rolf Harris. The Beatles were the final act of each show, with a performance lasting just 25 minutes.
The group performed nine songs: Roll Over Beethoven, All My Loving, This Boy, I Wanna Be Your Man, She Loves You, Till There Was You, I Want To Hold Your Hand, Money (That's What I Want) and Twist And Shout.
After the second performance The Beatles headed to the Talk Of The Town cabaret venue on the corner of Cranbourn Street and Charing Cross Road, where they hoped to see Alma Cogan perform. Sadly they arrived too late and missed her stage show.
Also on this day...
- 1969: Get Back/Let It Be sessions: day three
- 1967: Recording: Penny Lane
- 1967: UK album release: The Family Way
- 1965: Live: Another Beatles Christmas Show
- 1963: Live: Beach Ballroom, Aberdeen, Scotland
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: St John’s Hall, Bootle
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.