Using the pseudonym Mr Brown, George Harrison flew to India on this day, accompanied by Neil Aspinall.
He arrived in Bombay the following day, where he produced a series of sessions with local musicians. The main project was the recording of the score for the film Wonderwall, although while there the backing track for The Beatles’ song ‘The Inner Light’ was also recorded.
Last updated: 30 September 2020
Also on this day...
- 1969: Get Back/Let It Be sessions: day four
- 1965: Live: Another Beatles Christmas Show
- 1964: Live: The Beatles’ Christmas Show
- 1964: Radio: Saturday Club
- 1962: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Lathom Hall, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Aintree Institute, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.