This was The Beatles’ 37th of 48 consecutive nights performing at the Indra Club in Hamburg, Germany.
They were contracted to perform for four and a half hours each weekday night, from 8-9.30pm, 10-11pm, 11.30pm-12.30am and 1-2am.
They also had to play for six hours on Saturdays, from 7-8.30pm, 9-10pm, 10.30-11.30pm, 12-1am, and 1.30-3am. Sunday hours were 5-6pm, 6.30-7.30pm, 8-9pm, 9.30-10.30pm, 11-12 midnight and 12.30-1.30am.
Also on this day...
- 2011: Paul McCartney attends the première of Ocean’s Kingdom
- 2010: McCartney’s former PR man to publish Beatles fan history
- 2010: HP to digitise Paul McCartney’s personal archive
- 2009: The Beatles break chart records around the world in 2009
- 1975: US album release: Extra Texture (Read All About It) by George Harrison
- 1967: Filming: Magical Mystery Tour
- 1962: Live: Majestic Ballroom, Birkenhead
- 1961: Live: Knotty Ash Village Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.