This was The Beatles’ 36th of 48 consecutive nights performing at the Indra Club in Hamburg, Germany.
They were contracted to perform for four and a half hours each weekday night, from 8-9.30pm, 10-11pm, 11.30pm-12.30am and 1-2am.
They also had to play for six hours on Saturdays, from 7-8.30pm, 9-10pm, 10.30-11.30pm, 12-1am, and 1.30-3am. Sunday hours were 5-6pm, 6.30-7.30pm, 8-9pm, 9.30-10.30pm, 11-12 midnight and 12.30-1.30am.
Last updated: 26 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 2013: Paul McCartney live: iHeartRadio Music Festival, Las Vegas
- 2009: The Beatles: officially bigger than Jesus, according to Google
- 1998: UK album release: Rushes by The Fireman (Paul McCartney and Youth)
- 1967: Filming: Magical Mystery Tour
- 1964: The Beatles return to England from America
- 1962: Live: Tower Ballroom, New Brighton, Wallasey
- 1961: Live: Litherland Town Hall, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.