The Beatles’ 39th lunchtime performance at Liverpool’s Cavern Club took place on this day.
The group’s lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 55th known appearance overall at the soon-to-be-famous cellar venue on Mathew Street.
Also on this day...
- 2013: Paul McCartney live: iHeartRadio Music Festival, Las Vegas
- 2009: The Beatles: officially bigger than Jesus, according to Google
- 1998: UK album release: Rushes by The Fireman (Paul McCartney and Youth)
- 1967: Filming: Magical Mystery Tour
- 1964: The Beatles return to England from America
- 1962: Live: Tower Ballroom, New Brighton, Wallasey
- 1961: Live: Litherland Town Hall, Liverpool
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.