Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Pet Peeves
3 April 2020
4.00pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Warning: Extremely foul language ahead that your mother would DEFINITELY not approve of:

Fucking bitch in my enterprise group. Quick background: we had to make a product and we’re doing a mock business report- this includes marketing, finance, research etc. She is the ONLY ONE in the group of 6 who does accounting. So, she got assigned finances. Now myself and another lad have basically been running the entire thing because the others are slackers (I have the best luck when it comes to group projects, I swear) but it’s mostly me who did all the work. I reviewed everyone’s sections that they did and made comments next to them (for such basic shit as ‘cite this please’, as much as I love getting 0% and potentially being kicked out for plagarising, it’s not something I want to do in my final year). 

Now we got ourselves into a hole (sorry I should say they got themselves into the hole) because they said we should target this industry. This industry is made up of middle-aged and old people, the younger more focused platforms we were targeting, this group would not use. Our projected sales were very low and I said “lads, we’re targeting this industry, we should at least make one small bulk sale of say 30 units from a company” and also “why are we sending it in a parcel, we could send it an envelope and save at least €1.50 per product?”. The girl who did the accounting said “You can do it yourself, I’m not going to do any more, I’m done”.

Am I your fucking bitch, Your Majesty? Myself and this guy have spent probably 10 times the amount of time your lazy ass spent on your part. She then said “you don’t know my personal circumstances, I have siblings to look after”. Oh ex-fucking-cuse me, I just remembered that “personal circumstances” is an acceptable excuse for you to just refuse to do anything else, when you LITERALLY HAVE TWO DAYS BEFORE SUBMISSION DATE TO DO IT, YOU LAZY C—.

I said “oh you think you have personal circumstances? Do you want to know what happened to me today?” and she said “no because it’s none of my business”. Sweetheart, I don’t give two flying fucking fiddles if you have to babysit your siblings. Just put on 6 episodes of Paw Patrol and let them have a great time. This report is worth 60% OF OUR GRADE AND YOU’RE TOO SELFISH AND LAZY TO PULL YOUR OWN DAMN WEIGHT.

So she refused to do it and the other people in the group are her friends so obviously they don’t want to fall out with her because she’s a selfish prick. She said “it’s a fictional business, we’re expected to make mistakes”. Not if we can fix them before you make them, we’d be literally throwing in excess of €400 away each year on unnecessary delivery charges the way she had it structured. A great fucking accountant, she’ll make.

I told her to send me on her books and I’d do them. It took me about an hour to update and then another 1.5 hours to do the rest of the shit she was too lazy to do. 

I cannot wait until I can send the email to the lecturer saying she refused to do any more work, despite the fact myself and this fella have picked up the slack for literally everyone else. She should be getting 16% of the credit but I’m going to give her 10% because fuck you, you useless slob. She’s a soon-to-be accountant and she leaves me (the person with 1 year accounting experience) to finish her fucking books. I’m going to wreck her 🙂 .

She said she’d send an email to her lecturer describing her situation but I honestly don’t care. The day, I’ve had and I’ve probably spent about 8 hours on this stupid thing. 6 hours of which was doing stuff that wasn’t actually my stuff 🙂 .

Cannot fucking wait to be finished with university group projects, a lazier bunch of fucks you will never meet in your life.

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, meanmistermustard, The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

3 April 2020
4.05pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
5182sp_Permalink sp_Print

A more pleasant pet peeve type complaint:

My Google logo is telling me to “Protect the NHS”……I live in Ireland, Google, not the UK, and you in all your creepiness know I live in Ireland. Surely I should be getting “Save the HSE”?

The Hole Got Fixed, QuarryMan, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

3 April 2020
4.19pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
5183sp_Permalink sp_Print

I think that’s appropriate, @AppleScruffJunior. You have been to the UK once or twice, and you might need them when we burn you as a witch because I’m not carrying a purloined jerry can of diesel all the way to Ireland to start the fire…

a-hard-days-night-george-10

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

3 April 2020
4.37pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
5184sp_Permalink sp_Print

^My dentist is in the North, so technically I’ve been there about idk 12 times? 

3 April 2020
4.44pm
lovelyritametermaid
You can meet me after heavy rain has fallen
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1445
5185sp_Permalink sp_Print

You have every right to be extremely pissed, @AppleScruffJunior (about the group project thing. but your feelings are certainly valid for the second thing as well, of course paul-mccartney-thumb_gif). I really hope that this situation works out for you in the end and she gets what’s due for her and also hey, props to you for working your ass off. 

I can relate to your situation quite well. In my APUSH class, 90% of our grades are a series of projects that our entire class has to work on together as one big group. The projects are fairly large, so this usually works out in our favor because we can divvy the work up among all 14 of us. Everyone gets the same grade for the same project, however, no matter how much work/effort you put into it or not, so it’s very communist in the end, but no worries right? Everyone will get the grade they deserved because everyone puts equal amounts of hard work/effort into their share of the project, right? As you’ve guessed: wrong. There are a few girls who have outright said to other members of the class: “I’m not going to work on the projects anymore because everyone else already does them for me in the end and I still get the 100%. This way I’ll have more free time to study for the tests and get A’s on those, which will give me a high grade in the class.” And then they stayed true to their word, and for months haven’t lifted a finger to help the rest of the class on the projects and because of their study time have been setting the curves and getting a nice weighted 5 added onto their GPA all while we work our asses off with studying for these tests on top of that. So we all have to take on extra work for their sake. You may be thinking: “Why not just complain to the teacher?” Welp, because if we complain, then the teacher will just make all the projects individual (he’s promised us this: he said if any problems arose then he will have to make that happen, so we’re just keeping the problems secret so this doesn’t happen)– and that’s the worst possible scenario considering that we get 3 of these large projects per week and can barely finish them by the end of the week with the whole class working on them together, so you can imagine the kind of stress we’d be under if they were individual. It sucks, and because of this I can perfectly relate to your situation, ASJ. 

The following people thank lovelyritametermaid for this post:

AppleScruffJunior, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

"....When I cannot sing my heart, I can only speak my mind...." 

"....This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around...."

||She/They ||

3 April 2020
4.54pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members

I sent her an email with my updated financial calculations (I follow her formulas) but she never explained her balance sheet, so I said, describe that for me. 

Instead of replying to me privately by email, she went on the group chat and was like “ASJ, I know you think this is a quick fix but I don’t have 2-3 hours to do this. Your figures don’t add up”….well of course they don’t add up….they’re not finished and I’m also not an accounting student.

I said in polite terms “bitch, I did the citations for the stuff you couldn’t be bothered to do, we’re all about this industry in our report and you’re turning around and going “no, I’m not going to update the figures because I literally cannot find 3 hours in either Saturday or Sunday” (or she is literally so busy, she can’t split the two in half. I bet I won’t see her active on Facebook until 11am when she wakes up). 

God , I hate her so much, so selfish and we’re going to get a worse grade because of her. I would have really liked a scholarship but alas.

lovelyritametermaid, The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

3 April 2020
4.58pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
5187sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said
My dentist is in the North, so technically I’ve been there about idk 12 times? 

Erm, where did you see the Harry Potter play? Where were you when you visited Beatley places? I don’t think there’s only been visits to the dentist.

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

3 April 2020
5.00pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
5188sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ron Nasty said

AppleScruffJunior said

My dentist is in the North, so technically I’ve been there about idk 12 times? 

Erm, where did you see the Harry Potter play? Where were you when you visited Beatley places? I don’t think there’s only been visits to the dentist.

I mean collectively of course, RN, you silly 😉 .

I’ve actually been more than 12 times, been to Liverpool once, London thrice and then Norn Iron probably 11 times (10 dentist, one time Belfast).

3 April 2020
10.01pm
sir walter raleigh
In our yellow (IN OUR YELLOW) submarine (SUBMARINE AHA!)
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5789
5189sp_Permalink sp_Print

iTunes. Always iTunes. I just love how instead of notifying me that there isn’t space on my phone they decide to just start removing John Lennon albums instead. Of all of the artists, you have to choose John!?!?!  paul-mccartneypaul-mccartney

The following people thank sir walter raleigh for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, Beatlebug, 50yearslate

"The pump don't work cause the vandals took the handles!"

-Bob Dylan, Subterranean Homesick Blues

"We could ride and surf together while our love would grow"

-Brian Wilson, Surfer Girl

3 April 2020
10.20pm
lovelyritametermaid
Candlestick Park
Members
5190sp_Permalink sp_Print

sir walter raleigh said
iTunes. Always iTunes. I just love how instead of notifying me that there isn’t space on my phone they decide to just start removing John Lennon albums instead. Of all of the artists, you have to choose John!?!?!  paul-mccartneypaul-mccartney

I know! I have an Apple Music subscription so I just download a shit ton of music all the time with no worries but the problem is there’s so much music downloaded on my phone that when I don’t have room they just undownload stuff that I don’t want undownloaded! Like I once went into my library to find that all of my Blur albums, Tapestry by Carole King, a majority of my Dylan albums, a majority of my Bowie albums, a majority of my Pink Floyd albums, five Macca albums, three George Harrison albums, and a lot more good music randomly not downloaded onto my phone! I was upset ahdn_paul_01

Also, the fact that they took At the Speed of SoundVenus And Mars , and Back To The Egg off of AM for a while. ATSOS and V&M are back now, but BTTE is still missing plus all the bonus tracks from the Ram 2012 remaster deluxe edition is gone as well (except “Uncle Albert Jam” and “Eat At Home /Smile Away (Live)” for whatever reason– they could have at least left “Another Day ” and “Oh Woman , Oh Why” paul-mccartney, the bastards) 

Beatlebug

"....This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around...."

||She/They ||

3 April 2020
11.29pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182

*laughs in old-fashioned mp3 files on my Android device*

(and that is precisely why. My shit is complicated enough as it is.)

Today’s, or rather tonight’s, pet peeve is girls with high voices, because I’m not one. Normally I am very happy with this state of affairs and indeed encourage it, but earlier I was trying to sing a song by one such individual and it h u r t blue-meanie (like in a good exercise way, but still)

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, WeepingAtlasCedars

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

4 April 2020
4.38am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964

lovelyritametermaid said

sir walter raleigh said

I know! I have an Apple Music subscription so I just download a shit ton of music all the time with no worries but the problem is there’s so much music downloaded on my phone that when I don’t have room they just undownload stuff that I don’t want undownloaded! Like I once went into my library to find that all of my Blur albums, Tapestry by Carole King, a majority of my Dylan albums, a majority of my Bowie albums, a majority of my Pink Floyd albums, five Macca albums, three George Harrison albums, and a lot more good music randomly not downloaded onto my phone! I was upset ahdn_paul_01

Also, the fact that they took At the Speed of SoundVenus And Mars , and Back To The Egg off of AM for a while. ATSOS and V&M are back now, but BTTE is still missing plus all the bonus tracks from the Ram 2012 remaster deluxe edition is gone as well (except “Uncle Albert Jam” and “Eat At Home /Smile Away (Live)” for whatever reason– they could have at least left “Another Day ” and “Oh Woman , Oh Why” paul-mccartney, the bastards) 

I’m pretty sure ‘Uncle Albert Jam’ and ‘Eat At Home /Smile Away (Live)’ were offered as free downloads from Paul’s website which may explain their availability whilst everything else gets removed. 

Can’t you change the settings so that your iPhone doesn’t automatically alter your AM downloads, you can certainly stop it from automatically syncing from your own music library. No idea if that’s the cause tho.

However, Apple Music is a pain. I ended my subscription (free trail) and it locked a number of albums and random songs saying I had to resubscribe to play them. Had to contact Apple and explain they were bought by me a long time before.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

lovelyritametermaid

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

5 April 2020
9.57am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22240
5193sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

50yearslate said

Ahhh Girl said

Dandelion stems when you are trying to mow them. They don’t want to get chopped.

I love dandelion stems because Val loves dandelion stems and feeding them to her is the cutest thing ever.

I can see that now. How adorable!

She would get super chubby in my yard right now.

Here’s a picture from our south lot just for Val, @50yearslate

20200405_092327.jpgImage Enlarger

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, 50yearslate, WeepingAtlasCedars
5 April 2020
10.20am
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
5194sp_Permalink sp_Print

I demand photos of @50yearslate ‘s rabbits!

Beatlebug, lovelyritametermaid, WeepingAtlasCedars

5 April 2020
11.28am
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members

AppleScruffJunior said
Warning: Extremely foul language ahead that your mother would DEFINITELY not approve of:

Fucking bitch in my enterprise group. Quick background: we had to make a product and we’re doing a mock business report- this includes marketing, finance, research etc. She is the ONLY ONE in the group of 6 who does accounting. So, she got assigned finances. Now myself and another lad have basically been running the entire thing because the others are slackers (I have the best luck when it comes to group projects, I swear) but it’s mostly me who did all the work. I reviewed everyone’s sections that they did and made comments next to them (for such basic shit as ‘cite this please’, as much as I love getting 0% and potentially being kicked out for plagarising, it’s not something I want to do in my final year). 

Now we got ourselves into a hole (sorry I should say they got themselves into the hole) because they said we should target this industry. This industry is made up of middle-aged and old people, the younger more focused platforms we were targeting, this group would not use. Our projected sales were very low and I said “lads, we’re targeting this industry, we should at least make one small bulk sale of say 30 units from a company” and also “why are we sending it in a parcel, we could send it an envelope and save at least €1.50 per product?”. The girl who did the accounting said “You can do it yourself, I’m not going to do any more, I’m done”.

Am I your fucking bitch, Your Majesty? Myself and this guy have spent probably 10 times the amount of time your lazy ass spent on your part. She then said “you don’t know my personal circumstances, I have siblings to look after”. Oh ex-fucking-cuse me, I just remembered that “personal circumstances” is an acceptable excuse for you to just refuse to do anything else, when you LITERALLY HAVE TWO DAYS BEFORE SUBMISSION DATE TO DO IT, YOU LAZY C—.

I said “oh you think you have personal circumstances? Do you want to know what happened to me today?” and she said “no because it’s none of my business”. Sweetheart, I don’t give two flying fucking fiddles if you have to babysit your siblings. Just put on 6 episodes of Paw Patrol and let them have a great time. This report is worth 60% OF OUR GRADE AND YOU’RE TOO SELFISH AND LAZY TO PULL YOUR OWN DAMN WEIGHT.

So she refused to do it and the other people in the group are her friends so obviously they don’t want to fall out with her because she’s a selfish prick. She said “it’s a fictional business, we’re expected to make mistakes”. Not if we can fix them before you make them, we’d be literally throwing in excess of €400 away each year on unnecessary delivery charges the way she had it structured. A great fucking accountant, she’ll make.

I told her to send me on her books and I’d do them. It took me about an hour to update and then another 1.5 hours to do the rest of the shit she was too lazy to do. 

I cannot wait until I can send the email to the lecturer saying she refused to do any more work, despite the fact myself and this fella have picked up the slack for literally everyone else. She should be getting 16% of the credit but I’m going to give her 10% because fuck you, you useless slob. She’s a soon-to-be accountant and she leaves me (the person with 1 year accounting experience) to finish her fucking books. I’m going to wreck her 🙂 .

She said she’d send an email to her lecturer describing her situation but I honestly don’t care. The day, I’ve had and I’ve probably spent about 8 hours on this stupid thing. 6 hours of which was doing stuff that wasn’t actually my stuff 🙂 .

Cannot fucking wait to be finished with university group projects, a lazier bunch of fucks you will never meet in your life.

Update: From a different person in the group (yay). 

I had the report finished 6pm yesterday and I sent it to everyone. Note: I had the key job of receiving everyone’s parts and reviewing them. I sent them back once with notes for the main things that had to be done (as previously stated). When they sent them back to me again, most of them were fine, there were just awkward sentences (things phrased oddly, overly-long sentences, things not explained properly), missed citations and previously stated information in other sections that I could cut, and I fixed those because it takes me 5 minutes, over me sending them back to them with what has to be changed and then waiting 2 hours for them to see it and reply to me. I was the only one that had read all sections so I knew what could be added from others (projected finances) into the ‘Where do we seeing ourselves in 2 years’ time?’ etc.

I was not going continuing work on that project today so I did all the tiny bits myself.

I sent an email then at 6pm, thanking everyone for getting their work in on time and I hilariously attached a gif because I am hip with that kids you know (Frodo’s ‘It’s Done’ for the curious).

So, the girl who did marketing sent me an email this morning that said:

Thanks for formatting it. I’ve never had my work corrected by another member before it was submitted lol. No need to thank me for contributing, it’s my work too ? *laughing face*

To which I went….I don’t know if that’s a ‘thanks’ or a passive aggressive ‘fuck you for changing my words’ comment. 

So I thought it was in a jokey manner and sent a ‘got to get that 1:1, want a scholarship for my master’s ;)’ email back.

And then I got back this (after 18 hours had passed and no one had sent me any email of complaint or queries, so I put out the ‘submitted’ version and submitted it).

I’m also aiming to keep my 1:1! It’s a bit annoying you felt the need to make little minor changes to my work –  I understand you want to do well but it is group work and that was my contribution. 

……

……

…..

I did a little scan on it and 90% of it was the original work that she had sent me. 83% the exact words, 4% grammar changes (apostrophes and commas), 3% was me changing words (like she said there was a ‘Brexit election’, no hun it was a referendum), and the other 10% was me making links to previous sections (that she would have had no idea about unless she had read all the other sections, which she never told me that she wanted to read), adding 2 or 3 citations that she hadn’t done and breaking up 2 massive sentences (they were 50 words each), into 4 shorter sentences.

I haven’t bothered to reply to her, she can send me a ‘thank you’ letter when she gets a 1:1. 

I’m not holding up any hope that I’ll get one.

Final group project, final basket of cunts that make doing projects I’d prefer to do alone, a living hell. 

lovelyritametermaid, Beatlebug, The Hole Got Fixed, WeepingAtlasCedars

5 April 2020
12.23pm
50yearslate
Playing on the roofs again
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8759
5196sp_Permalink sp_Print

lovelyritametermaid said

sir walter raleigh said

Gah, yeah, I noticed that and it was so annoying! Back To The Egg is probably my most listened to Wings album and now it’s just gone.

Ahhh Girl said

Ahhh Girl said

50yearslate said

Ahhh Girl said

Dandelion stems when you are trying to mow them. They don’t want to get chopped.

I love dandelion stems because Val loves dandelion stems and feeding them to her is the cutest thing ever.

I can see that now. How adorable!

She would get super chubby in my yard right now.

Here’s a picture from our south lot just for Val, @50yearslate

20200405_092327.jpgImage Enlarger

Heaven! Also, AHHHHHHH SACHER TORTE IS SO CUUUUUTE

AppleScruffJunior said

Holey demanded a portrait of the Harrisonette, and yet you let the forum suffer for days…

(i’ll think about it a-hard-days-night-john-6)

The following people thank 50yearslate for this post:

Beatlebug, lovelyritametermaid, Ahhh Girl, The Hole Got Fixed, WeepingAtlasCedars

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

5 April 2020
12.35pm
lovelyritametermaid
Candlestick Park
Members
5197sp_Permalink sp_Print

@50yearslate said

AppleScruffJunior said

Holey demanded a portrait of the Harrisonette, and yet you let the forum suffer for days…

(i’ll think about it a-hard-days-night-john-6)

I concur with ASJ, Fiddy! I must see these rabbits!! I have two healthy, unclaimed kidneys and I’ll gladly trade one of them for cute bunny pics! a-hard-days-night-ringo-15

Getbackintheussr

||She/They ||

6 April 2020
11.09am
50yearslate
Playing on the roofs again
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8759
5198sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ok ok! I’ll put some pics in the Nice Things thread. Although I only have one rabbit, to you disappointment and mine.

The following people thank 50yearslate for this post:

Getbackintheussr, lovelyritametermaid, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

6 April 2020
11.30am
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141
5199sp_Permalink sp_Print

lovelyritametermaid said

Timothy said

People who wear Beatles clothing but it’s always Yellow Submarine . Variety please!

I have this same problem except with Abbey Road shirts. Every time I see someone wearing a Beatles shirt around my school, 99% of the time it’s an Abbey Road shirt! This one time, I approached a girl wearing one and asked her what her fave song off the album was and she just shrugged and said: “I’ve never listened to them I’m just wearing this shirt because my boyfriend likes them.” Which, okay, props for supporting your boyfriend but like at least listen to the band before wearing their shirt or maybe at least listen to them to support your boyfriend

pet peeve: people who do stuff like this to me

It always comes off to me like they’re trying to “prove” that I’m not actually a fan or that they’re a bigger fan than I am. In either case, I don’t know why it would matter. Also, all the trivia questions people want to all of a sudden ask me to try and “catch” me on something I don’t know. I can’t even tell you how many times I got a question right and had to look it for them up because they thought I was wrong.

It doesn’t bother me when somebody finds out I’m a fan and wants to have an actual conversation with me, but throwing out trivia questions usually comes off as condescending. 

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

6 April 2020
11.44am
lovelyritametermaid
Candlestick Park
Members

Little Piggy Dragonguy said

lovelyritametermaid said

Timothy said

People who wear Beatles clothing but it’s always Yellow Submarine . Variety please!

I have this same problem except with Abbey Road shirts. Every time I see someone wearing a Beatles shirt around my school, 99% of the time it’s an Abbey Road shirt! This one time, I approached a girl wearing one and asked her what her fave song off the album was and she just shrugged and said: “I’ve never listened to them I’m just wearing this shirt because my boyfriend likes them.” Which, okay, props for supporting your boyfriend but like at least listen to the band before wearing their shirt or maybe at least listen to them to support your boyfriend

pet peeve: people who do stuff like this to me

It always comes off to me like they’re trying to “prove” that I’m not actually a fan or that they’re a bigger fan than I am. In either case, I don’t know why it would matter. Also, all the trivia questions people want to all of a sudden ask me to try and “catch” me on something I don’t know. I can’t even tell you how many times I got a question right and had to look it for them up because they thought I was wrong.

It doesn’t bother me when somebody finds out I’m a fan and wants to have an actual conversation with me, but throwing out trivia questions usually comes off as condescending. 

I mean, I wasn’t doing anything like that to her. I literally just asked her what her favorite Beatles song was because I was curious. I never was going in with negative intent, and I genuinely just wanted to try to make another Beatles fan friend and was just disappointed to find out that she was just wearing the shirt for her boyfriend without giving the actual band a chance. I would never just go up to a person to “prove” that I’m a bigger fan than them or hound them with trivia questions– I’m not that kind of person (I may share trivia, but not to be a know-it-all, just to share something that I’m interested in and spark conversation). Going in, I didn’t care if she was a super fan or a casual fan, I just wanted to know what she thought and what her favorite song was and try to start a friendly conversation and swap opinions, and was just disappointed at her response. 

Last year, I was wearing my brother’s old Pink Floyd shirt that I stole because I was getting really into the band at that time, and my friend came up and asked me to name 5 songs that aren’t from Dark Side of the Moon. I found that extremely annoying, but I would never do that to someone else. 

Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

||She/They ||

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Filipe
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2860
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5520
Newest Members:
9intheafternoon, NJtoTX, seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22240, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694