In an attempt to sort out the problems within The Beatles following George Harrison’s sudden departure two days earlier, all four met at Brookfield House, Ringo Starr’s Tudor mansion in Elstead, Surrey.
The meeting was not a success. The feud between Harrison and John Lennon remained unresolved, and Harrison left early without agreeing to rejoin The Beatles.
Also on this day...
- 2021: Mary McCartney to direct Abbey Road Studios documentary
- 2010: Cast list announced for Robert Zemeckis’ Yellow Submarine remake
- 2010: Album release: Y Not by Ringo Starr
- 1981: US single release: Woman by John Lennon
- 1968: Recording: The Inner Light, Wonderwall Music
- 1967: Recording, mixing: Penny Lane
- 1967: Joe Orton is asked to write a film script for The Beatles
- 1966: John Lennon and Ringo Starr holiday in Trinidad
- 1965: Live: Another Beatles Christmas Show
- 1964: Sunday Night At The London Palladium
- 1963: Live: Invicta Ballroom, Chatham
- 1962: Live: Tower Ballroom, New Brighton, Wallasey
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.