The Beatles travelled 170 miles for a performance at the Invicta Ballroom in Chatham, Kent.
It was the only time the group performed at the venue.
The Invicta Ballroom was also the furthest south The Beatles had played to date, their bookings thus far having been predominantly in the north of England.
Also on this day...
- 2021: Mary McCartney to direct Abbey Road Studios documentary
- 2010: Cast list announced for Robert Zemeckis’ Yellow Submarine remake
- 1969: The Beatles meet at Ringo Starr’s house
- 1968: Recording: The Inner Light, Wonderwall Music
- 1967: Recording, mixing: Penny Lane
- 1967: Joe Orton is asked to write a film script for The Beatles
- 1966: John Lennon and Ringo Starr holiday in Trinidad
- 1965: Live: Another Beatles Christmas Show
- 1964: Sunday Night At The London Palladium
- 1962: Live: Tower Ballroom, New Brighton, Wallasey
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.