Trident Studios, St Anne’s Court, London
Producer: George Martin
Engineer: Barry Sheffield
This was a rough mono mix, made from the 2 August session’s third stereo mix rather than the original eight-track tape. Acetates were then cut, presumably to see whether such a lengthy song could reasonably be accommodated on a 7″ vinyl single.
Three further mono mixes were made back at Abbey Road on 8 August 1968, the last of which was used for the single.
Also on this day...
- 2009: Paul McCartney live: Fenway Park, Boston
- 2008: Newly-discovered Beatles tape sells for £9,800
- 1969: Recording, mixing: Here Comes The Sun, Maxwell’s Silver Hammer
- 1967: George Harrison dines at Ravi Shankar’s house
- 1966: Brian Epstein holds a press conference
- 1966: Radio: The Lennon And McCartney Songbook
- 1965: UK album release: Help!
- 1963: Live: Springfield Ballroom, Jersey
- 1961: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
- 1960: The Beatles ask Pete Best to join
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.