On the sixth day of his US trip, George Harrison paid a visit to Ashish, the son of sarod player Ali Akbar Khan, in Los Angeles.
The others in his party – his wife Pattie, Neil Aspinall and Alexis ‘Magic Alex’ Mardas – went to Disneyland. In the evening they regrouped and dined at the LA home of Ravi Shankar.
Last updated: 16 September 2015
Also on this day...
- 2009: Paul McCartney live: Fenway Park, Boston
- 2008: Newly-discovered Beatles tape sells for £9,800
- 1969: Recording, mixing: Here Comes The Sun, Maxwell’s Silver Hammer
- 1968: Mixing: Hey Jude
- 1966: Brian Epstein holds a press conference
- 1966: Radio: The Lennon And McCartney Songbook
- 1965: UK album release: Help!
- 1963: Live: Springfield Ballroom, Jersey
- 1961: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
- 1960: The Beatles ask Pete Best to join
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.