This was the first of four concerts given by The Beatles on Jersey in the Channel Islands. They performed at the Springfield Ballroom on Janvrin Road in the parish of St Saviour.
The Beatles' concerts on Jersey and Guernsey were booked by Jersey-based promoter Les De La Mare, who paid the group £1,000. The contract was drawn up between De La Mare and Brian Epstein on 30 March 1963.
Prior to the show, The Beatles spent the day go-carting and relaxing by the pool. Some fans had discovered where they were staying, but the group; were happy to chat and be photographed.
Also on this day...
- 2009: Paul McCartney live at Fenway Park, Boston
- 2008: Newly-discovered Beatles tape sells for £9,800
- 1969: Recording, mixing: Here Comes The Sun, Maxwell’s Silver Hammer
- 1968: Mixing: Hey Jude
- 1967: George Harrison dines at Ravi Shankar’s house
- 1966: Brian Epstein holds a press conference
- 1966: Radio: The Lennon And McCartney Songbook
- 1965: UK album release: Help!
- 1961: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
- 1960: The Beatles ask Pete Best to join
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.