The second of four concerts by The Beatles on Jersey in the Channel Islands, booked by local promoter Les De La Mare, took place on 7 August 1963.
Before the show The Beatles explored the beach, and Ringo Starr was filmed climbing over rocks.
Also on this day...
- 2023: Paul McCartney announces Brazilian tour dates
- 2014: Paul McCartney live: EnergySolutions Arena, Salt Lake City
- 1969: Recording, mixing: Come Together, The End
- 1968: Tape copying, recording: Hey Jude, Not Guilty
- 1967: George Harrison visits Haight-Ashbury in San Francisco
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Litherland Town Hall, Liverpool
- 1957: The Quarrymen first play the Cavern Club
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.