The second of four concerts by The Beatles on Jersey in the Channel Islands, booked by local promoter Les De La Mare.
Before the show The Beatles explored the beach, and Ringo Starr was filmed climbing over rocks.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Paul McCartney live at EnergySolutions Arena, Salt Lake City
- 1969: Recording, mixing: Come Together, The End
- 1968: Tape copying, recording: Hey Jude, Not Guilty
- 1967: George Harrison visits Haight-Ashbury in San Francisco
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Litherland Town Hall, Liverpool
- 1957: The Quarrymen first play the Cavern Club
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.