Paul McCartney has announced five concerts in Brazil, as part of his Got Back Tour.
The dates are as follows:
- 30 November 2023: Mané Garrincha Stadium, Brasília
- 3 December 2023: Mrv Arena, Belo Horizonte
- 9 December 2023: Allianz Parque, São Paulo
- 13 December 2023: Estádio Couto Pereira, Curitiba
- 16 December 2023: Maracanã Stadium, Rio De Janeiro
OK, OK, OK, I heard you. I’m coming to Brazil. See you there!
McCartney previously announced seven live dates in Australia in October and November 2023.
Here’s the press release:
‘I’ve got some good news. We’re coming back to Brazil in November to play for you. We have such great memories from all our visits. I love coming to Brazil because you guys like to rock, sing and party all at once. We’re really excited. Let’s have fun. Let’s rock. Let’s roll. Let’s stomp. Let’s stroll. And Brazil, let’s have a great time.’ – Paul McCartney
Fulfilling his promise to return to the stage – to the delight of fans – Paul returns to Brazil in 2023 for shows in five cities – São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Brasília, Belo Horizonte and Curitiba. Bringing his phenomenal GOT BACK Tour to the country for the first time. The tour started in the United States in April 2022 and saw Paul perform a historic headline festival set at Glastonbury.
Paul has a strong relationship with Brazil – and a huge number of fans from the most diverse generations. In 2017, he was recognized as the best-selling international artist for performances in the country, with more than 1,5 million tickets sold.
But the great milestone of the eternal Beatle happened in 1990, when he performed in front of a crowded – and enchanted – Maracanã with 184,000 fans on the night of April 21, breaking at the time the world record for attendance at a concert. In 2023, McCartney will close the tour in December precisely by returning to “his sacred soil”, in the most iconic Brazilian soccer stadium. Magical place for sports lovers, like the artist.
Featuring Paul’s longtime band – Paul ‘Wix’ Wickens (keyboards), Brian Ray (bass/guitar), Rusty Anderson (guitar) and Abe Laboriel Jr (drums) – and constantly upgraded state of the art audio and video technology that ensures an unforgettable experience from every seat in the house, a Paul McCartney concert is never anything short of life-changing.
PRE-SALE AND GENERAL SALE TIMINGS
PaulMcCartney.com pre-sale: Tuesday 8th August at 10am BRT
Brazil BRB Bank pre-sale: Tuesday 8th August at 10am BRT
GENERAL SALE – Thursday 10th August at 12pm BRT
Also on this day...
- 2014: Paul McCartney live: EnergySolutions Arena, Salt Lake City
- 1969: Recording, mixing: Come Together, The End
- 1968: Tape copying, recording: Hey Jude, Not Guilty
- 1967: George Harrison visits Haight-Ashbury in San Francisco
- 1963: Live: Springfield Ballroom, Jersey
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Litherland Town Hall, Liverpool
- 1957: The Quarrymen first play the Cavern Club
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.