A reduction mix was then made, known as take 19, which allowed for further overdubs to be made. Backing vocals by McCartney, his new girlfriend Francie Schwartz and George Harrison were then recorded, with the trio singing "shoo-be-doo-wop" during the chorus.
Also on this day...
- 1967: Recording, mixing: It’s All Too Much
- 1966: Ringo Starr is photographed for The Beatles Book
- 1964: Live: Prince Of Wales Theatre, London
- 1963: Live: Odeon Cinema, Southend-on-Sea
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.