This was the fifth of seven concerts marketed as Pops Alive!, promoted by Brian Epstein and held on consecutive Sunday nights at the Prince Of Wales Theatre in London.
There were two shows at the theatre on this occasion. The Beatles topped the bill, which also featured Kenny Lynch, Cliff Bennett and the Rebel Rousers, the Vernons Girls, the Lorne Gibson Trio, the Chants and the Harlems.
Prior to the concerts Ringo Starr took delivery of a brand new Ludwig drum kit worth £350, from London’s Drum City shop.
Also on this day...
- 1968: Recording: Revolution 1
- 1967: Recording, mixing: It’s All Too Much
- 1966: Ringo Starr is photographed for The Beatles Book
- 1963: Live: Odeon Cinema, Southend-on-Sea
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.