The Beatles played one show, at 9.30pm, at the Palais d'Hiver de Lyon on Rue Louis Guérin in Lyon, France. The show was seen by 3,500 people.
The group's set contained 12 songs: Twist And Shout, She's A Woman, I'm A Loser, Can't Buy Me Love, Baby's In Black, I Wanna Be Your Man, A Hard Day's Night, Everybody's Trying To Be My Baby, Rock And Roll Music, I Feel Fine, Ticket To Ride and Long Tall Sally.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Ringo Starr live at Durham Performing Arts Center, Durham, North Carolina
- 2013: Paul McCartney live at Stadion Narodowy, Warsaw, Poland
- 1968: Paul McCartney addresses Capitol Records conference
- 1968: The Beatles purchase Apple headquarters at 3 Savile Row, London
- 1966: Mixing: Eleanor Rigby, She Said She Said, Good Day Sunshine, Yellow Submarine, Tomorrow Never Knows, Got To Get You Into My Life
- 1964: Live: Town Hall, Wellington, New Zealand
- 1964: Mixing, editing: A Hard Day’s Night album, Long Tall Sally EP songs
- 1963: Live: Town Hall, Abergavenny
- 1963: Television: Juke Box Jury
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Recording: My Bonnie, The Saints, Why, Cry For A Shadow
- 1957: Live: Rosebery St, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.