The Beatles gave their 108th lunchtime performance at Liverpool’s Cavern Club on this day. It was also the 32nd occasion on which they performed both lunchtime and evening shows at the venue.
The group’s lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 183rd known performance overall at the soon-to-be-famous cellar venue on Mathew Street in Liverpool’s city centre, including evening appearances.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Ringo Starr live at Durham Performing Arts Center, Durham, North Carolina
- 2013: Paul McCartney live at Stadion Narodowy, Warsaw, Poland
- 1973: UK album release: Living In The Material World by George Harrison
- 1968: Paul McCartney addresses Capitol Records conference
- 1968: The Beatles purchase Apple headquarters at 3 Savile Row, London
- 1966: Mixing: Eleanor Rigby, She Said She Said, Good Day Sunshine, Yellow Submarine, Tomorrow Never Knows, Got To Get You Into My Life
- 1965: Live: Palais d’Hiver, Lyon, France
- 1964: Live: Town Hall, Wellington, New Zealand
- 1964: Mixing, editing: A Hard Day’s Night album, Long Tall Sally EP songs
- 1963: Live: Town Hall, Abergavenny
- 1963: Television: Juke Box Jury
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Recording: My Bonnie, The Saints, Why, Cry For A Shadow
- 1957: Live: Rosebery St, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.