This was The Beatles’ 76th evening show at the Cavern Club. It was also the 32nd occasion on which they performed both lunchtime and evening shows at the venue.
Overall this was their 184th appearance at the underground Mathew Street venue, including their lunchtime shows.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Ringo Starr live: Durham Performing Arts Center, Durham, North Carolina
- 2013: Paul McCartney live: Stadion Narodowy, Warsaw, Poland
- 1973: UK album release: Living In The Material World by George Harrison
- 1968: Paul McCartney addresses Capitol Records conference
- 1968: The Beatles purchase Apple headquarters at 3 Savile Row, London
- 1966: Mixing: Eleanor Rigby, She Said She Said, Good Day Sunshine, Yellow Submarine, Tomorrow Never Knows, Got To Get You Into My Life
- 1965: Live: Palais d’Hiver, Lyon, France
- 1964: Live: Town Hall, Wellington, New Zealand
- 1964: Mixing, editing: A Hard Day’s Night album, Long Tall Sally EP songs
- 1963: Live: Town Hall, Abergavenny
- 1963: Television: Juke Box Jury
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Recording: My Bonnie, The Saints, Why, Cry For A Shadow
- 1957: Live: Rosebery St, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.