The Beatles stayed in Lyon, France after their two shows on 22 June 1965. On the evening of the 23rd they took the train to Milan, ahead of their first Italian shows on the following day.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Paul McCartney live: John Paul Jones Arena, Charlottesville, Virginia
- 1969: John Lennon and Yoko Ono holiday in Wales
- 1968: Paul McCartney and Linda Eastman spend time together in Los Angeles
- 1967: Recording: All You Need Is Love
- 1964: Live: Town Hall, Wellington, New Zealand
- 1963: Television: Summer Spin
- 1962: Live: Memorial Hall, Northwich
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Recording: My Bonnie, The Saints, Why, Cry For A Shadow
- 1960: Live: The Institute, Neston, Wirral
- 1940: Stuart Sutcliffe is born
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.