This was the first of The Beatles’ six concert appearances at the Memorial Hall in Northwich, Cheshire.
The event was promoted by Lewis Buckley, who ran beat music shows in a number of venues across Britain. It was therefore vital that The Beatles put on a strong show, in order to obtain repeat bookings.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Paul McCartney live at John Paul Jones Arena, Charlottesville, Virginia
- 1969: John Lennon and Yoko Ono holiday in Wales
- 1968: Paul McCartney and Linda Eastman spend time together in Los Angeles
- 1967: Recording: All You Need Is Love
- 1965: Travel: Lyon to Milan
- 1964: Live: Town Hall, Wellington, New Zealand
- 1963: Television: Summer Spin
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Recording: My Bonnie, The Saints, Why, Cry For A Shadow
- 1960: Live: The Institute, Neston, Wirral
- 1940: Stuart Sutcliffe is born
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.