This was the fifth of The Beatles’ six live appearances at the Memorial Hall in Northwich.
Prior to the concert the group attended the annual Northwich Carnival in Verdin Park, where Paul McCartney crowned the Carnival Queen.
Also on this day...
- 2018: Ringo Starr live: Salle des Étoiles Sporting Club, Monte Carlo, Monaco
- 2011: Paul McCartney launches design competition for graphic designers and illustrators
- 2010: Apple Records’ remastered back catalogue to be released
- 1966: The Beatles’ first trip to India
- 1964: World première of A Hard Day’s Night
- 1962: Live: Riverboat Shuffle, MV Royal Iris, River Mersey
- 1961: Mersey Beat launches
- 1957: John Lennon meets Paul McCartney
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.