The fifth of The Beatles’ six live appearances at the Memorial Hall in Northwich took place on 6 July 1963.
Prior to the concert the group attended the annual Northwich Carnival in Verdin Park, where Paul McCartney crowned the Carnival Queen.
Also on this day...
- 2018: Ringo Starr live: Salle des Étoiles Sporting Club, Monte Carlo, Monaco
- 2011: Paul McCartney launches design competition for graphic designers and illustrators
- 2010: Apple Records’ remastered back catalogue to be released
- 1966: The Beatles’ first trip to India
- 1964: World première of A Hard Day’s Night
- 1962: Live: Riverboat Shuffle, MV Royal Iris, River Mersey
- 1961: Mersey Beat launches
- 1957: John Lennon meets Paul McCartney
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.